Who else is playing it?
Wolfie
Wolfie
White Mage
White Mage

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age 2 Empty Re: Dragon Age 2

Post by Svetlana the Six-Toed Elf on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:21 pm

I am even if I suck at it. I'm not a big fan of it. I prefer the first one.
Svetlana the Six-Toed Elf
White Mage
White Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfie on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Really? Are you playing it on normal or hard mode? I've been playing on normal and I just got to Act 3 thinking that it has been a breeze so far. Well, except the Act 2 boss fight, which was almost impossible with my current stats/abilities. Anyway, I like it, but I miss aspects of Origins even though I think I'm better at this one.

Have you romanced everyone? I'm trying to be an in-game slut and do as many of them as possible.
Wolfie
Wolfie
White Mage
White Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Svetlana the Six-Toed Elf on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:52 pm

I'm on Normal Mode and sucking hard. I am so bad at video games. And I screw anything that moves in that game lol. I've been on the Act 2 Boss for like a week.
White Mage
White Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfie on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Alright, I'm going to be completely honest here and admit that I tried a couple of times to beat him, failed miserably, realized there was no tactical solution that would get me out of there and just cheated a bit. It would have been impossible otherwise. Basically, when he beat me to bloody pulp and I died, I changed the difficulty to casual. It still wasn't a breeze but it was doable, and that's how I claimed victory (so embarrassing to be called the champion after that).

Anyway, since I didn't want to be stuck on casual for the rest of the game, I let all the cut scenes play out, took a couple of missions near where I was standing, and then I went to the Hawke Estate, left with no companions, and went on a suicide mission. I stood there and let some bandits kill me, and then I changed the settings back to normal.

>.>
<.<

Hey, I always rely on my companions for stuff, so my character didn't have such a wide range of abilities AND there was the health potion cooldown, which is incredibly long, not to mention that the Boss's health regenerates too! I think I saw him down a health potion as well. That's just cruel, Bioware. There was no way I'd hand Isabella over.
Wolfie
Wolfie
White Mage
White Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Svetlana the Six-Toed Elf on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:39 pm

I refuse to back down from this damn boss. I WILL beat the shit out of him. It will happen! And there's no shame in "cheating" in such a fashion in a nearly impossible situation. I'll probably try eight or nine more times before switching to casual difficulty (which is probably something I should stay at because of how hard I suck at this game). I'm stubborn like that. I'll let you know if I succeed.

I love Isabella. She makes me smile Very Happy Anders, however, bothers me a lot. If only because his name is freaking Anders.
White Mage
White Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfie on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:15 pm

If you have a lot of resources, I say go for it. I only had 5 health potions and 6 stamina droughts, which would have been enough in any other fight but this one. I kept landing hits that did NO FREAKING DAMAGE. It was like throwing paper balls at a wall and then he'd do so much as look at me and I'd lose, like, 25% of my health. Whaaaat. I also spent at least 20 minutes each time running around, waiting for the health potion/reaver "devour" ability to cool down, and by the time I could strike again, most of the damage I had previously dealt had healed. It was so frustrating.

If you manage to beat him on normal, please tell me how you did it. I wanna know everything about his glorious downfall. Freaking beast.

I also love Isabella. She's so delightfully unapologetic about being promiscuous and strong. Anders is a walking cliche and Fenris is Vincent Valentine's illegitimate son, I'm sure of it. I mean, the emo-meter! It's broken! But I love how everyone in the game makes fun of this. And he's quite sexy with that voice.

What about Varric? I think he's just awesome. He's the first dwarf I've ever liked.
Wolfie
Wolfie
White Mage
White Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Svetlana the Six-Toed Elf on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:34 pm

I love Varric, he's a good character. And you're totally right about Fenris. If he isn't Vincent's illegitimate son, then he went to the Vincent Valentine School for the Clinically Emo. Yeah, there's been a lot of running around for me on the boss. I tend to item hoard, so I have a bunch of health potions and stamina droughts, I don't know exactly how many. I have a feeling I'm going to end up giving up because I'm ready to throw the controller through the screen.
White Mage
White Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfie on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:08 am

Done. That was really freaking easy.

Wolfie
Wolfie
White Mage
White Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Svetlana the Six-Toed Elf on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:59 pm

I gave up and went to casual mode to defeat the boss. *ducks head in shame*
White Mage
White Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfie on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:11 am

That's fine, Toesy! A lot of us did that. It was an insanely tough boss fight. Much harder than the Act III boss fights combined.

Oh, oh, minor spoiler: your beloved Anders is gonna do something to REALLY piss you off one of these days...
Wolfie
Wolfie
White Mage
White Mage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down